Hey guys! I know it’s been a while since I last shared a recipe, things have been crazy hectic and I’ve not had the chance to actually get any photos of my baked treats 😊 that being said I do have a ton of new recipes that I’ll be sharing in the coming days so stay tuned and enjoy! 😉
Kicking off my list of ‘To Die For Must Make Right Now’ recipes are these UNBELIEVABLE chocolate banana muffins! You guys, I’ve been trying to perfect a banana chocolate muffin for ages and these have become by far one of the best muffins I’ve ever eaten!
I have a thing for banana baked goods, these muffins are made several times throughout the month and banana cake is one of my top 3 cakes so I’m incredibly thrilled to be adding this version of banana bakes to my repertoire 😁
The recipe is super simple using the muffin method so basically just dump everything into a bowl 😉 and bake.
Real simple ingredients are used; just the usual stuff you need to make muffins and the texture….OMG the texture! This is the most amazing crumb I’ve ever seen, so incredibly moist and fluffy yet dense enough to give you a nice bite.
I didn’t get a chance to picture the cut open muffin (forgot hehe don’t blame me I just wanted to eat them right away!) but take my word, you’re going to fall deep in love with this crumb just like I did. 😍
Don’t forget to bake these at a higher temperature initially then lowering it to get those beautiful big muffin tops 😉
Enjoy my friends 😁
Tag me @dutchbakerblog on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter 💜
Chocolate Banana Muffins
Makes 12 muffins.
- 1 cup (125gms) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (48gms) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (100gms) white sugar
- 1/4 cup (50gms) soft brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125mls) oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 overripe, spotted bananas mashed well (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup (60mls) yoghurt
- Optional, chocolate chips; milk, dark or white, cinnamon chips, toffee pieces, nuts
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line a muffin tray with cupcake cups.
- In bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt until well combined.
- In mixing bowl, whisk oil and sugars together. Add in the egg and vanilla and whisk until well combined.
- Whisk in the mashed bananas then fold in the flour mix alternating with yogurt taking care not to over mix. Batter will be slightly thick and may be lumpy. Extras can be folded in at this stage too like the chocolate chips or nuts.
- Divide batter between cupcake cups making sure to fill to the top, and bake for 8 minutes at 200C then, keeping the muffins in the oven, lower the heat to 180C and bake until muffins are cooked through, about 12 – 15 more minutes.
- Top with chocolate sauce and store in an airtight container.
Recipe by the dutch baker.