I’m pretty sure that these are the most decadent, mouth watering, soul warming, heart hugging, richest and most insanely delicious cupcakes I’ll ever eat 😃😄
I mean let me just let the pictures do the talking eh 😋😋
Zoom into that surprise centre shall we 😉
Let’s take a moment…to appreciate but also to discuss these little gems from heaven!
It all starts off with the most delicious super moist and chocolatey chocolate cupcake. Once those bad boys are all baked and cooled, we’re going to stuff them with a really simple but mighty delicious peanut caramel sauce. I tell ya, this sauce is so good it just makes you smile once you bite into the cupcake and see it oozing out 🙂
It’s just my regular homemade caramel sauce with a few chopped up salted peanuts. There’s no measurement really, I just added enough peanuts to make sure you get one with each bite but not too much to over saturate the caramel sauce. Just eye ball it and go with what you like 🙂
This is another way you can make a surprise centre for these cupcakes:
That my friends is actually a piece of Snickers all nice and snuggly inside the cupcake 😉 all you have to do is chop up some Snickers into small cubes, freeze those cubes and then push one into the middle of the cupcake batter right before you bake. They should be frozen so that they hold their shape and not just melt into the cupcake.
For the frosting you can go both ways. Either a luscious caramel cream cheese frosting or a lovely peanut butter frosting. I’ve made both and loved each equally so I pretty much just go with whatever ingredients I have on hand 😀
Once you’ve got the frosting done and piled sky high on top of the cuppies, you’re going to drizzle on some more caramel along with some chocolate sauce if you like.
And lastly, just a few chopped up pieces of Snickers. I love doing that because the chocolate bar becomes nice and soft from the frosting, caramel etc and kind of melds into the whole cupcake. It’s just delicious!! 😊
Once these babies are ready, make sure you eat one before serving or else you probably won’t get one then, they’re guaranteed to disappear in a flash!
Dig in my friends! 😋
Oh and if you make them please send me your pics yeah 😉 @dutchbakerblog on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter 💙
Ultimate Snickers Cupcakes
Makes 13 – 14 cupcakes
Click here for more information and pictures about these chocolate cupcakes.
- 3/4 cup (90gms) minus 1 tablespoon all purpose flour*
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch/cornflour
- 1/2 cup (48gms) cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (100gms) white sugar
- 1/4 cup (50gms) soft brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (100gms) butter cut into pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125gms) sour cream
Peanut Caramel Sauce
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce, more if desired
- 2 – 3 tablespoons chopped salted peanuts
Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup (100gms) salted butter
- 1/2 cup (100gms) brick style cream cheese
- 1 3/4 – 2 cups (250gms) icing sugar
- 3 – 4 tablespoons caramel sauce
Alternative frosting try this peanut butter frosting
Extra caramel sauce for drizzle
Chopped Snickers for topping
- Preheat oven to 170C. Line a muffin tray with cupcake cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and soda and salt. Add in the sugars and whisk until well combined. Add in the chopped butter and whisk until all the flour is moistened and mixture resembles coarse sand.
- Add in the eggs one at a time . The batter will be really thick. Whisk for about 1 minute until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the sour cream and vanilla extract and whisk for about 40 – 50 seconds until smooth. Batter will be thick and creamy.
- Spoon into cupcake cups filling each no more than halfway***. Bake for about 13 – 15 minutes until a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs or clean. Remove from cupcake tray and cool completely before frosting. My best cupcake trick is to cool the cupcakes for 10 – 15 minutes on a wire rack then store in an airtight container to continue cooling completely.
For the frosting
- Whisk butter and cream cheese until smooth and creamy, 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add in icing sugar in two additions whisking in between each.
- Add in caramel sauce to taste.
To assemble the cupcakes, bake and allow to cool completely. Stir the peanuts into the caramel. Carve a hole out of each cupcake and spoon about a teaspoon of the peanut caramel sauce. Replace the carved tops back onto the cupcake holes.
Frost cupcakes with either the caramel cream cheese frosting or the peanut butter frosting. Top with caramel sauce and chopped Snickers.
Store cupcakes in an air tight container for up to 5 days at room temperature.
Recipe by the dutch baker.