Mars bars are pretty under rated I think. Whenever someone craves a chocolate bar, they usually tend to gravitate towards Snickers or Twix or Bounty and let’s not forget Galaxy bars 😉 but you know what’s funny is that Mars bars are actually the very first, original chocolate bar that the company MARS created 🙂 it’s like the predecessor has been forgotten with all these newer chocolate bars but I must say that once you get into eating a Mars bar, they’re quite addictive 😄
And these cupcakes are the BOMB!
I loved these! The cupcakes are a delicious Mars infused cocoa cupcake, filled with caramel and topped with the most amazing Mars ganache to ever grace this earth.
The cupcakes are super easy to make too. I use the reverse creaming method here which is they only way to make cakes in my opinion 😂
The milk is mixed with some melted Mars bars, just take the whole chocolate bars and stir them together with the milk until it’s all melted and combined well.
This gets added to the batter and once the cupcakes are cooled and baked, they get filled with the most amazing caramel sauce. It’s my favourite caramel and I’ve taken tons of step by step pictures to help 🙂
This ganache….well I have no words… 😍😍😋😋😋
Tag or hashtag @dutchbakerblog on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter 🙂
Makes 12 – 14 cupcakes
- 1/2 cup (100gms) butter
- 3/4 cup (150gms) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (190gms) flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (125mls) milk
- 2 mars bars chopped
- 4 mars bars chopped
- 75 mls cream
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line muffin tray with cupcake cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and soda, salt and cocoa powder. Add in sugar and whisk until well combined.
- In saucepan over low heat, melt the 2 Mars bars and milk together until a smooth chocolate milk is formed. Turn off heat and cool.
- To the bowl of dry ingredients, add the butter and whisk until all the flour is moistened and the mixture resembles coarse sand. Add in eggs one at a time and whisk mixture for about 60 – 80 seconds until fluffy and smooth. Batter will be very thick.
- Pour in the Mars/milk, oil and vanilla and whisk until smooth, about 30 seconds. Batter will be thick, creamy and smooth.
- Divide batter into cupcake cups and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until baked through. Cool before filling and frosting.
- Melt Mars and cream and whisk smooth.
- Allow to cool slightly. Once cupcakes are cool, fill with caramel then pour the ganache onto cupcakes, top with chopped mars and drizzle with more caramel.
Recipe by the dutch baker .