Hellooo chocolate 🍫😍 deliciously creamy, rich, smooth and decadent dark chocolate frosting 😉 the perfect topping for any cake or cupcake!
This is one of my all time favourite frostings! It’s so smooth and creamy, rich and chocolate-y I love it! It pairs well with so many flavours, whether chocolate or vanilla cake, cookies or brownies and especially with peanut butter bakes like I did here with this Reeses cake.
It’s so wonderfully easy and a must have in your kitchen recipes for a delicious and creamy chocolate frosting 😍😋
Dark Chocolate Frosting
This recipe makes enough to frost 1 layered cake or 24 cupcakes.
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoons butter (112gms/9 tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon (140mls) whipping cream
- 4 cups (500gms) icing sugar
- 1 cup (96gms) cocoa powder
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, to taste
- Whisk butter for about 2 minutes until creamy. Add in cocoa powder and whisk until smooth.
- Add in the icing sugar alternating with cream and whisk for 2 – 3 minutes until smooth and creamy. Add more or less cream until desired consistency is reached.
- Add in vanilla to taste and whisk for another minute until extra fluffy.
Recipe by the dutch baker.