Happy Monday friends! 😊 I know it’s cold, it’s Monday and you’ve probably been up since the early morning but keep on reading here , I’ve got something special to share that’s going to make you feel all warm and cozy inside and super hungry! 😉
Pizza rolls! Delicious, saucy, pizza-y and cheesy pizza rolls 😊
Allow me to elaborate. This is my perfectly easy go to pizza dough recipe, rolled and filled, then sliced and baked cinnamon roll style. Only with pizza filling and yummy veggies
The first time I made these my family went nuts over them! I added sausages and tomates, extra sauce and lots of oregano. My family requested them to be made again asap so I doubled the recipe and added mushrooms the second time around 😋😋
I love the self satisfying feeling of taking the plastic wrap of off your dough and see it all puffy and beautifully risen 😁
I don’t measure my rolled out dough but something I have to point out is that this is going to be rolled up after you’ve spread all of your sauces and fillings so make sure you don’t roll it out too thin or else the rolls will not hold together. Unless you’re just using cheese and say pepperoni, you can roll the dough out slightly thinner and you’ll be fine. This is combined with the fact that you’re going to have a layer of bread in between your fillings so be generous with your sauce and cheese! 😉
One other thing, if you’re using lots of chunky things like meats or chopped veggies, try not to leave the pieces too big and roll the logs (once filled) as tightly as you can so everything stays snug and secure inside ☺
Fun, scrumptious and ridiculously good cheesy, pizza rolls 😄
Makes 16 rolls depending on thickness of each roll
Basic pizza dough (click here for step by step pictures)
- 2 1/4 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 1/2 cups (375mls) warm water
- 3 tablepoons oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 – 4 (450 – 500gms) cups flour
- Pizza sauce/marinara
- Pepperoni, mushrooms, sausages, peppers, corn, onions, tomatoes etc etc
- Fresh basil and lots of oregano (I like dry oregano)
- Lots of cheese: mozzarella, parmesan etc
- In a large bowl, add the yeast and 1/4 cup warm water and rest for a few minutes until it thickens slightly. Add in the rest of the water and oil.
- Whisk the salt and flour together and add to the liquids in small amounts until a soft, slightly sticky dough forms.
- Knead for about 10 minutes, cover with plastic wrap and rise for 1 1/2 hours.
- Punch down dough, roll into a rectangle. Spread with sauce and toppings. Roll into a log and cut into 16 pieces.
- Divide into 2 round 9 inch cake tins, 8 into each or 1 large floured baking tray.
- Bake at 180C for about 15 minutes or until baked.
- Serve warm with pizza sauce.
Recipe by the dutch baker.