Happy weekend friends! 😊 Ahh this post is a hard one to write because I so badly want to eat one of these insanely delicious, melt in your mouth, extra large giant cinnamon rolls!
I wish I could say that I did eat only one of these rolls 😳 In my mind I pretend that I did, but my heart knows the truth 💜
This is one of the MOST delicious cinnamon rolls you will ever eat! They are based on one of my most popular recipe shares on my Facebook page, and are also my best seller in events as they’re the cinnamon rolls I always make to take with me. You guys will probably recognize these:
I took them to the next level and made them huge! Just to make them even harder to resist!
These rolls literally melt in your mouth 😋 the dough is so soft and tender with the perfect amount of buttery sweetness, filled with my favourite ratio of cinnamon sugar filling and topped with a creamy icing 😊
Mmmm just look at these! 😊
Since we’re making these big, only 8 fit nice and snuggly into a 9 x 13 inch cake tin.
I used buttermilk in these and have written directions below on how to make your own at home. Using buttermilk gives these rolls that extra amazing factor so it’s highly recommended but if you don’t want, you can just as easily use milk instead 😊
A beautiful and delicious, extra saucy giant cinnamon roll for each of you my friends 😋😋
Giant Cinnamon Rolls
Makes 8 large cinnamon rolls
- 1 cup (250mls) warm buttermilk* (to make your own, pour 1 cup of milk into a glass, remove 1 tablespoon of milk and replace with 1 tablespoon white vinegar. Let stand for 5 minutes and use as stated)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1/2 cup (100gms) butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (100gms) sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 – 4 1/2 cups (500 – 560gms) flour
- 6 t0 8 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup (100gms) white sugar
- 1/4 cup (50gms) soft brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Cream Glaze (recipe can be doubled)
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1 cup (125gms) powdered sugar
- 2 – 4 tablespoons cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the buttermilk and yeast in a bowl and let rest for about 5 – 10 minutes. Add the butter, eggs and sugar. Stir in the flour and salt in small amounts ( about 1/2 cup at a time) until a soft and sticky dough forms. More flour can be added but dough needs to be really sticky so try not to add too much extra flour.
- Knead the dough for about 10 minutes and place into a lightly oiled bowl.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let rise for 2 hours or until doubled in size.
- Once dough has risen, punch down and roll out into a large rectangle about 17 x 10 inches. Spread the butter across the dough leaving a small border all around the rectangle. Pour the filling on top and starting from the longer side, roll the dough into a log as tightly as possible.
- Cut the log into 8 equal pieces and place in an 9 x 13 inch lightly floured baking tin. Cover and let rise again for about an hour.
- Bake rolls in a preheated 180C oven for about 10 – 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Whip butter and cream cheese until combined. Add in powdered sugar, cream and vanilla. Whisk well.
Pour glaze over rolls as soon as they are out of the oven so the glaze can melt into all the cracks. Serve warm.