Here we are already, I’m sharing the last recipe of the year 🙂 can’t believe we’re here, this year has just gone by so fast!
It’s been a great baking year for me 😃 After years and years of searching for my ultimate recipes, trying and tweaking, having loads of kitchen failures, I’m super happy to have found my favourite cupcakes, like these and these, breads, rolls, cookies and brownies! 😉 this one here is using my favourite buttery, yellow vanilla cupcake recipe.
I topped it with a deliciously creamy and smooth milk chocolate frosting and crushed Oreos 😉 you can also crush up some Oreos and fold some into the batter right before baking 😉
These cupcakes use the reverse creaming method which is my favourite technique for cakes and cupcakes. You can frost these cuppies with any frosting of your choice, it’s so versatile I love it!
This is my go to chocolate frosting recipe, I use it on pretty much everything. You can add less or more cocoa powder to it until you get your desired chocolatey-ness 😉
Buttery, vanilla-y and chocolate-y with a crunch of Oreos 😍 Delicious! 😋
Oreo Cupcakes With Milk Chocolate Frosting
Makes 12 cupcakes
- 1 1/4 cups (155gms) + 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons corn flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cups (180gms) sugar
- 1/2 cup (100gms) softened butter cut into pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (120gms) sour cream
- Optional: crushed Oreos to fold into batter
Milk Chocolate Frosting
- 125 gms softened butter
- 4 – 6 tablespoons (24 – 40gms) cocoa powder
- 1 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 – 2 tablespoons cream or milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Crushed Oreos
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a muffin tray with cupcake cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cornflour, salt and sugar until well combined.
- Add the chopped butter and mix until all the flour is moistened and mixture resembles coarse sand.
- Add in eggs one at a time whisking well between each addition. Whisk in oil and mix until batter is smooth.
- Add in sour cream and vanilla and whisk until batter is smooth, creamy and fluffy. Fold in the chopped Oreos.
- Divide batter between cupcake cups and bake until cooked through, 15 – 20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack before frosting.
For the frosting:
- Whisk butter until creamy, 1 – 2 minutes. Add icing sugar half cup at a time whisking between each addition.
- Whisk in cocoa powder to taste and cream until desired consistency is reached. Add in vanilla to taste. Frost cupcakes and top with crushed Oreos.