Im so bummed about this post because I actually took and saved few pictures of these muffins so that I can post them and I’ve just lost them all all but this one! I’m just going to have to bake them again to retake pictures 😉 😉
Keeping on our streak of warm desserts during these winter months, cinnamon rolls, cookies, brownies, muffins are a great treat to have anytime throughout the day. Blueberry muffins are especially wintery to me 🙂
Warm and fruity, extra soft and moist and made in absolutely no time at all! 🙂
This is my absolute favourite muffin recipe. It’s so easy to make and can be tweaked to your personal tastes. Adding more sugar if you like your muffins sweeter, adding different spices and the batter is thick enough to add pretty much anything to it! All sorts of fruits and nuts or chocolate chips 😉
This batter makes 12 nice and big muffins, make sure to fill your muffin cups nice and full to the top so that the muffins have nice rounded and puffy tops 😉
Makes 12 or more smaller muffins. Recipe can be halved.
- 3 cups (375gms) flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Optional: pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (100gms) white sugar*
- 1/2 cup (100gms) soft brown sugar (white sugar can be used instead)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup (160mls) oil
- 1 cup (250mls) buttermilk (see directions below on how to make your own buttermilk)
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line a muffin tray with cupcake cups.
- If you can’t find buttermilk, make your own by measuring 1 cup (250mls) milk into a cup.Remove 1 tablespoon of milk and replace with 1 tablespoon of white vinegar, leave to stand for 5 – 10 minutes while you prepare the batter. It will thicken slighty.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together sugars, eggs, oil and vanilla until well combined. Add in the buttermilk then the flour mix. Fold in blueberries. Batter will be very thick.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tray filling each one to the top. Bake in the oven at 200C for 8 – 9 minutes then lower heat to 180C and bake muffins until cooked through, about 15 minutes. Cool slightly on wire rack before serving.
*Add an extra 1/4 cup sugar if you like your muffins a bit on the sweet side.