Seriously you guys 😋😋 These cupcakes are one of those treats that will surprise you 😉 I mean you don’t think you know what your going to taste until you take that first bite! Ohh man are they scrumptious! 🙂
You would think that Bounty chocolates pair best with chocolate but damn these vanilla versions are good!
I mean just look at this super luscious and thick frosting 😉
I had tons of fun making these. I chopped up some Bounty bars and added them to the batter which just happens to be my favourite buttery vanilla cupcake batter.
Then I frosted them with my favourite cream cheese frosting, I don’t know there’s just something about Bountys and cream cheese frosting!!, and topped with more Bounty pieces. They were devoured instantly! 😉
Definitely one of my all time favourite cupcakes! Try them for yourselves and see how delicious they are 🙂 🙂
Bounty Vanilla Cupcakes
Makes 12 cupcakes
- 1 1/4 cups (155gms) + 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoons corn flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 heaping teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cups (150gms) sugar
- 1/2 cup (100gms) softened butter cut into pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (120gms) sour cream
- 2 regular sized Bounty bars (4 pieces all together) chopped
Cream Cheese frosting
- 1/2 cup (100gms) butter
- 6oz (3/4 cup) brick style cream cheese, cold
- 3/4 – 1 cup icing sugar
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a muffin tray with cupcake cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cornflour, salt and sugar until well combined.
- Add the chopped butter and mix until all the flour is moistened and mixture resembles coarse sand.
- Add in eggs one at a time whisking well between each addition. Whisk in oil and mix until batter is smooth.
- Add in sour cream and vanilla and whisk until batter is smooth, creamy and fluffy. Fold in the chopped Bounty chocolate bars.
- Divide batter between cupcake cups and bake until cooked through, 15 – 20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack before frosting.
For the frosting
- Whisk butter and cream cheese until combined and fluffy.
- Add in icing sugar, whisking in some whipping cream if needed until desired consistency is reached.
- Whisk in vanilla and salt to taste.
Frost cupcakes and top with more chopped Bounty bars.