Well hello everyone 🙂 welcome to one of the greatest combinations ever, Oreo peanut butter and chocolate. Let me be more specific, chocolate fudge! 🙂
See, these cupcakes are one of those special ones that you never forget.
I made these cupcakes using my favourite chocolate fudge recipe. The batter for these cupcakes are nice and thick so its perfect for add ins like chunks or chips.
Start off by melting some butter. Now when you’re melting butter, always make sure not to melt it all the way, leaving some butter chunks. Once you’ve taken it off the heat, whisk it smooth to melt the rest of the butter. This keeps it a bit thick instead of thin like when you melt the butter completely.
Whisk together the flour, baking powder and soda, salt and cocoa powder.
Measure out the sugars and add to the melted butter and oil. Whisk well to combine, the mixture will be gritty.
I used dark brown sugar because thats what I had on hand but light is fine just make sure its the soft kind 😉
Crack in the eggs one at a time whisking for about 10 seconds between each addition. Whisk in vanilla.
Alternate in the sour cream and dry mix in alternating batches starting and ending with flour. Batter is thick.
I used some cookies and cream chocolate bars but chocolate chunks or chips can be used too. Make sure to freeze the chocolate bars so they hold their shape.
Fill up the cupcake cups only until halfway. These cupcakes rise so make sure not to over fill.
I frosted these cupcakes with my all time favourite frosting, peanut butter frosting! 🙂 I mean obviously because peanut butter is chocolates best friend right 😉
Top these babies with Oreos and we’re good to go 🙂 🙂
Delicious, rich and fudgy 🙂
Oreo Chocolate Fudge Peanut Butter Cupcakes
Makes 14 – 15 cupcakes
- 3/4 cup (90gms) flour
- 1/2 cup (48gms) cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (50gms) melted butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup (100gms) white sugar
- 1/4 cup (50gms) soft brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125gms) sour cream
- Frozen chopped Oreo filled chocolate bars, Cadbury Hersheys Cookies n Cream or Galaxy
For the frosting
- 1/4 cup (50gms) butter
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup (125gms) icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk or cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Oreos for topping
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a muffin tray with cupcake cups.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and soda, salt and cocoa powder.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together melted butter, oil and both sugars. Add in eggs one at a time whisking between each. Whisk in vanilla.
- Whisk in the flour mix and sour cream in alternating batches starting and ending with flour. Batter will be thick. Fold in the frozen chopped chocolates.
- Divide batter between cupcake cups and bake until cooked through, 15 – 20 minutes. Cool on wire rack and frost.
For the frosting
- Whisk together butter and peanut butter until creamy.
- Add in icing sugar and milk/cream and whisk. Add in vanilla to taste.
- Frost cupcakes and top with Oreos.