I love thick brownies 🙂 there’s no question about that, if my brownies aren’t thick and fudgey well then they’re not for me 🙂
These are actually triple chocolate, extra fudgey and chewy brownies. Annnd they’re made in one bowl! It’s quadruple points here 😋
I made these brownies using both dark chocolate and a bit of cocoa powder to enhance the chocolatey-ness. I use a mix of soft brown sugar and white sugar for both flavour and texture.
The brownies are so moist because of the addition of oil into the batter. Along with a small amount of flour it’s practically impossible for these to be dry or overly cakey.
I added a handful of smooth dark chocolate chunks into the batter, you know just to give them a triple threat chocolatey flavour 😉 semi sweet or milk chunks or chips can be used too or just left without any chocolate chips at all, they’re just as delicious! 🙂
Super fudgey and rich chocolate brownies. Definitely one of the best brownies I’ve ever eaten😋
Chewy Chocolate Fudge Brownies
Makes 9 to 12 pieces
- 8 oz (225gms) dark baking chocolate, chopped into pieces
- 1/4 cup (50gms) butter
- 1/4 cup (60mls) oil
- 1/2 cup (100gms) soft brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (100gms) white sugar
- 3 eggs lightly whisked
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (62gms) + 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup dark, semi sweet or milk chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line an 8×8 inch tray with baking paper or grease and flour.
- In a large heat proof bowl, place chopped chocolate and butter over a pan that has simmering water over low heat. Make sure that the bottom of the bowl is not touching the water. Whisk until the chocolate and butter has melted and mixture is all smooth. Take of heat and whisk in oil.
- Add the sugars to the melted chocolate mixture and whisk smooth. Whisk in the eggs and vanilla and whisk until combined.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder and salt and whisk until just combined. Mixture will be thick and gritty. Fold in chocolate chips/chunks.
- Bake in the oven for 40 – 45 minutes until a toothpick or knife comes out with moist crumbs.
- Cool brownies in the pan completely before slicing.
*To make the brownies richer with a deeper chocolate flavour, add an extra tablespoon of cocoa powder by removing one tablespoon of flour so you will use 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon flour and 2 tablespoons cocoa powder.