These cheesecakes are the highest rated desserts I’ve made so far according to my family 🙂 I do have to agree, I mean these were absolutely delicious! 🙂
The cheesecakes turn out so creamy and soft it’s almost like eating an ice cream! 😉
And the best part is that they’re not baked! Yumm 🙂
I’ve actually made these once where I added crushed Oreos to the actual batter and they were fabulous! This time I pushed an Oreo into the middle, without telling anyone so when they bit into one it was a surprise. It was like “ohh what’s this” 🙂
The Oreo becomes super soft and I scraped out the Oreo cream filling to crumble on top of the cheesecakes!
Such a fabulous treat and super easy to make!
You guys will love these and probably be asked to make them time and time again 😉
Creamy Oreo Cheesecakes
Makes 12 or more according to cupcake size cups
- 3/4 cups Oreo biscuit crumbs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
For the cheesecakes
- 1 cup (250mls) whipping cream
- 8 oz (1 cup) brick style cream cheese
- 1/2 cup (60gms) icing sugar
- Pinch of salt (1/8 teaspoon) or to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract or to taste
- 6 Oreo biscuits separated to make 12
More oreos for decorating
- Line a muffin tray with cupcake cups.
- In a small bowl, blend together the biscuit crumbs and melted butter.
- In separate mixing bowl, whisk cream to soft medium peaks and set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk cream cheese, sugar, salt and vanilla for 2 – 3 minutes using an electric whisk until smooth. It make take longer if whisking by hand.
- Add the whisked cream and whisk to incorporate. Make sure to whisk only until smooth and thick enough to see deep swirls from the whisk. It will spilt if over whisked so take care at this point.
- Take a spoonful of batter and divide into cupcake cups. Place one half of an Oreo on top and press slightly to push into the middle. Top with more batter. Repeat with each of the cupcakes. Sprinkle the biscuit crumb mixture on top making sure to fill crumbs to the edges (you’re going to turn these upside down when done so this will actually be the bottom)
- Cover cakes well and refrigerate for minimum 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- Once done, take each cupcake and remove the paper cups. Place each one biscuit side at the bottom. Top cheesecakes with whipped cream and more oreos. Keep cakes in fridge until serving.