Happy weekend my friends 🙂 I hope everyone is having a good time 🙂 I’ve got a really special something to share with you guys. I mean honestly, if you like bread and cheese then this is something really REALLY special for you because these cheesy, garlicky buns are to die for!
They’re especially perfect when you’re with a crowd of people and if you want to impress those people then these are something that MUST be served 😉 they are sure to make you a star!
These buns are infused with a delicious garlic herb butter and loaded with cheese. I used a mixture of parmesan and mozzarella cheese because you know why not 😋 but you can use any cheese of your choice.
You cut slits into the bread buns to ensure that the buttery cheese filling reaches all the insides of the breads. Also making it easy to pull stringy pieces of cheesy bread bites 😉
I made fresh homemade bread buns, recipe below, for these garlic cheese buns but you can just as easily buy some ready made buns 🙂
Seriously you guys, these cheese breads have to be served at your next meal. They’re super easy to make and the results are incredible! You’ll thank me for it :)❤
Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart Buns
Makes 12 – 15 buns
- 12 – 15 dinner rolls, homemade or store bought
- 1/3 cup (75 gms) melted butter (more if needed)
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Optional, mozzarella
- Heat oven to 180C. Line a tray with aluminium foil keeping extra for the sides to cover rolls.
- Place buns onto tray. Cut slits into each bun in a cross cross pattern 1 inch apart and deep enough to reach the bottom but not cut all the way through.
- Whisk ingredients for filling and spread evenly into the crack of each bun. Drizzle with cheese into each crack.
- Cover with foil so the buns are completely covered and bake for 5 minutes. Uncover and bake for 5 more minutes until cheese has melted and is golden. Serve warm.
Basic Bread Buns
- 1 cup (250mls) warm water
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 cups (375gms) flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt (I use 2 teaspoons)
- Add water, and yeast in a bowl. Let sit until bubbly. Add in oil.
- Whisk salt and flour together and add to liquids until a soft dough forms. Knead until the dough is soft, smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes in a mixer or 10 minutes by hand.
- Place in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and rise for 2 hours or until doubled.
- Punch down dough and divide into 12 or more balls. Shape each ball into a smooth, round shape by rolling it around on the counter. Place each ball on a floured baking tray. Cover and rise again for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Brush loaves with melted butter if desired and bake for about 15 minutes or until bottom of bread is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped with a finger.
- Broil tops if a more golden brown colour is desired.
Check out my top tips for making the perfect bread to make sure you get perfect results.
Filling adapted from Brown Eyed Baker.