I don’t think there are many things out there that are better than peanut butter 🙂 I mean c’mon, it’s so perfectly delicious with pretty much EVERYTHING and just as awesome on it’s own!
I’ve been using peanut butter in my bakes for agesss 🙂 I love it in cakes and cupcakes and it’s my number one most favourite frosting!
And then there are these cookies 😉 😉
Thick, soft, chewy and peanut buttery! 😋❤
Using peanut butter in cookies is pure genius! The cookies turns out super soft and thick and this recipe is just perfect 🙂
It uses a good amount of peanut butter in the dough and the addition of the chocolate chunks is delicious! I used dark chocolate because it balances out great with the peanut buttery cookie but milk chocolate chunks can be used too 🙂
This is a very simple basic cookie dough recipe that can be easily tweaked to personal preferences. Add more peanut butter if you’re a hard core fan, hello 😉 , or add extra peanuts, toffee, nuts etc to the dough.
Peanut butter lovers prepare to be enlightened 😉
Thick And Soft Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Makes 9 – 12 cookies.
- 1 1/2 cups (190 gms) flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (100 gms) softened butter
- 1/2 cup (100 gms) soft brown sugar (I used dark here but light is great too)
- 1/4 cup (50 gms) white sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter*
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips or chunks (more if desired)
- Optional: chopped peanuts, toffee pieces, sea salt
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and soda and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, add sugars and whisk until paled and fluffy. Whisk in peanut butter until smooth and combined.
- Add in egg and vanilla whisking until combined.
- Whisk in the flour mix only until just combined, leaving a few streaks of flour. Fold in chocolate chips/chunks and any extra additions.
- Cover dough and chill for 1 – 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove cookie dough from the fridge and allow to return to room temperature. Preheat oven to 180C.
- Roll dough into balls and place onto a floured baking tray or baking paper. Slightly flatten each cookie dough ball with your hand**, sprinkle with sea salt if desired, place into oven and bake until puffy and just slightly golden, 8 – 11 minutes. Make sure not to over bake or else cookies will not be soft. Remove from oven slightly undercooked as they will continue cooking once taken out. Leave cookies on hot baking tray until slightly cooled then place on wire rack to cool completely.
* For peanut butter lovers, add an extra 1/4 cup peanut butter to the dough using 3/4 cups peanut butter all together. 😉
**For extra thick cookies leave the balls round without flattening before baking.