I think that these pancakes had one of the best reactions from my family when I first made them 🙂 they disappeared within minutes and all I heard was “more more please give me some more”!
These pancakes have also recieved some great feedback from those of you who have made them when I first shared them on my Facebook page. 🙂
They’re one of the easiest recipes I’ve made and you can literally measure everything into a bowl, whisk and fry! 🙂
I always have to double the recipe because one batch isn’t enough especially when I use 1/4 cup scoops 🙂
The pancakes themselves are super delicious, soft, fluffy and rich. Top them with anything you desire, I know you guys will be making them time and time again! 🙂
This recipe will become the only pancake recipe you will ever need! 🙂
Makes 12 – 14 pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- Optional: cinnamon or vanilla extract may be added
- In bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and add the eggs, butter, sugar and half of the milk. whisk until just combined then pour in the rest of the milk and whisk. Batter may be lumpy and slightly thick.
- Heat a non stick pan or griddle on medium high heat and pour 1/4 cup scoops of batter. Fry a couple of minutes until bubbles show then flip and fry other side.
- Serve with your favourite toppings.