My entire family and I are major pizza freaks 🙂 we love ours loaded with toppings especially with lots of mushrooms, pepperoni and extra cheese!
When I first got into baking, I knew I wanted to perfect an easy and simple pizza dough recipe and I’m happy to say that I have 🙂 this is the same recipe I’ve been using for years now. I don’t ever look for a new one because this one is perfect! 🙂
Start by adding instant yeast to warm water. Leave it to bubble and foam.
Whisk it smooth and add in oil.
Measure out the flour, whisk in salt and add some of it, about 1 1/2 cups to the water/yeast mix.
Whisk really fast for about 30 seconds until the batter is thick and smooth, it will look like thin cake batter.
Notice how lovely and smooth the dough is, full of air bubbles.
Add in the rest of the flour.
Using a wooden spoon, fold the flour into the liquids until a smooth dough forms.
Add a little more flour if needed to fold into a ball and turn onto a floured surface for kneading.
Knead the dough for about 10 minutes until smooth. Again add a bit more flour if needed but try not to add much so the dough remains soft.
Once kneaded, the dough should look soft and stringy like this, sort of like mozzarella cheese.
Perfect! 🙂 smooth soft dough. Place in an oiled bowl, cover and rise for an hour then roll, sauce, top and bake away 😉
Basic Pizza Dough
- 2 1/4 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 1/2 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 – 4 cups all purpose flour
- Add the yeast and sugar to 1/4 cup warm water and rest for a few minutes until it starts to bubble.
- Add in the rest of the water and oil. Whisk the salt and flour together and add to the liquids in small amounts until a soft, slightly sticky dough forms.
- Knead for about 10 minutes, cover with plastic wrap and rise for 1 1/2 hours.
- Punch down dough, roll out and spread with anything you like. Dough makes 2 medium to large pizzas according to how thick they are.
- Bake at 220C degrees for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.