These rolls are the one of the easiest and tastiest breads you will ever eat!. They’re so soft and fluffy, you wouldn’t believe that they were done in such a short time. 🙂
I have made them multiple times and even made a batch,
sliced in half and filled with turkey and cheese to make pull apart sandwiches. Absolute perfection!
Once you make these rolls, you will find yourself making them again and again. 🙂
Big, soft and fluffy bread rolls. One of the most delicious breads I’ve ever eaten and a very popular post on my Facebook page with hundreds of shares and thousands of people reached. 😉
Large And Fluffy Dinner Rolls
- 3 1/2 – 4 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon instant yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 2/3 cup milk
- 4 Tablespoon unsalted butter, diced into 1 tablespoon pieces, plus more for tops
- Preheat oven to the lowest temperature.
- In a bowl, add 1/4 cup warm water with the yeast and 2 teaspoons of sugar. Rest for a few minutes until it starts to bubble. Add in the rest of the water, sugar, milk and butter.
- Whisk the flour and salt together and add 1/2 cup flour into the liquids. Whisk it smooth. Add in the rest of the flour until a soft dough forms. Knead dough for about 10 minutes, adding more flour if needed. Dough should be lightly sticky but manageable.
- Cover dough with plastic wrap and rest 5 minutes.
- Butter and flour a 9 x 13 inch tin. Drop dough onto a lightly floured surface. Shape into an evenly level square. Cut into 16 equal portions (don’t have to be exact). Shape dough into 15 balls, while using excess dough from the 16th portion to add to smaller rounds as needed, and place shaped dough portions into prepared baking dish.
- Dampen hands with water and brush tops of dough with the water (just so they don’t dry while rising in oven).
- Transfer to oven, close oven and turn oven off, allow rolls to rise 20 minutes (don’t open oven door). Remove from oven and preheat oven to 180 C (this should take about 5 minutes, so just allow rolls to rest on counter while oven preheats). Bake for about 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and run the top of a stick of butter along tops of rolls just to coat. Serve warm.
Recipe adapted from Cooking Classy.