I think that Snickers are one of the most, if not the most, popular chocolate bars out there. They’re even more popular to bake and decorate with! I mean I’ve seen them everywhere from cakes and cupcakes to dips and cookies, salads and pies, the list is endless ☺
It’s really no surprise though, they are just deliciously nutty and caramely, perfect for baking and concocting different recipes to use them with 🙂 I’ve even got tons more recipes myself using Snickers 😉 😉 as well as other favourite and popular chocolate candy bars.
These are one of the best treats I’ve baked! My family went nuts 😉 over them, actually stopping to comment between mouth fulls! 🙂
They are chocolatey, spot on with Snickers flavour and dripping with delicious caramel sauce.
I used a really good and simple cocoa brownie recipe, one of my favourites actually. It uses only cocoa powder and can be made with just one bowl! So simple I love it 🙂
I used a microwave for the first step but you can use a sauce pan on the stove. The original recipe calls for 3/4 cup cocoa powder but since Im frosting these brownies with chocolate frosting, I decreased the amount of cocoa, just so that the chocolate doesn’t completely outshine the whole Snickers caramel flavours 🙂
You could use any brownie recipe for these if you have your own favourite, just chop up some Snickers bars, add them to the batter, frost and drizzle with caramel 🙂
I absolutely love this brownie frosting! It is by far the most delicious topping for brownies 🙂 the addition of the honey just takes the entire thing to the next level! I urge all you brownie lovers to try it 🙂
These brownies are a super easy dessert that will surely become a family favourite!
Snickers Brownies With Extra Caramel
Makes 9 to 12 pieces
- 150 gms butter
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour
- Pinch of baking soda, about 1/8 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped Snickers bars (more if desired)
Perfect Brownie Frosting
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 – 3 tablespoons milk or cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
Store bought or homemade caramel.
Chopped Snickers bars for topping, about 1/2 cup (more if desired).
- Grease and flour or line with a baking sheet an 8 x 8 inch square tin.
- Combine butter and sugar in a small saucepan and stir until the butter has melted (about 1 minute). Take off heat and whisk until combined. A microwave can be used instead. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda and salt together.
- To the cooled butter/sugar mix, whisk in the cocoa powder and whisk smooth. Add in the eggs one at a time then the vanilla.
- Add in the flour mix and whisk until just combined, taking care not to over mix. Fold in the Snickers pieces.
- Spread batter into tin, sprinkle some more chopped Snickers on top of the batter and bake at 160°C for about 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick pushed into the outer sides of the brownie (not the middle) comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Cool slightly before frosting and serve warm.
For the frosting
- Whisk butter and cocoa powder. Add in icing sugar and milk. Add in vanilla and salt to taste.
- Whisk in more milk if frosting is too thick.
- Spread over slightly cooled brownies.
Once brownies are cooled and frosted, sprinkle some chopped Snickers bars on top of the frosting before it sets completely, then drizzle with caramel.
Serve warm or cold.