I absolutely love peanut butter. I love baking with peanut butter even more! Whether it’s cookies, cupcakes, brownies, peanut butter just goes well with everything 🙂
This cupcake has been a work in progress for a long time. I mean I had been searching for the best, most delicious and moist peanut butter cupcake for ages!! I’ve tried dozens of recipes but was never able to say “oh wow this is the one!”
And then I found this recipe… it was heavenly! That first bite, the cupcake just melting in your mouth bursting with peanut butter goodness, it was love at first site.
I was initially going to top these with a chocolate frosting but instead went with my favourite peanut butter frosting to make double peanut butter cupcakes! 😉
This is my all time favourite frosting, ever! It’s creamy, fluffy and has the perfect amount of peanut butter. I use it on everything from vanilla cakes to brownies.
I actually made it once with crunchy peanut butter! Dreamy isn’t it…. 🙂
Behold, the worlds greatest peanut butter cupcake!
Here is a picture from when i was testing out recipes. This was the winning one, the king of all peanut butter cupcakes 🙂
I added some chopped chocolates and peanuts on top for good measure 🙂
Seriously you guys have to try these!
Peanut Butter Lover’s Cupcakes
Makes 12 cupcakes
- 1/4 cup (50gms) soft butter
- 1/2 cup (100gms) soft brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125gms) creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups (150gms) flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cups (160mls) milk
Peanut butter frosting
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) butter
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons cream or milk
- Preheat oven to 170C. Line muffin tray with 12 cupcake cups.
- In mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Whisk in peanut butter until well combined.
- Add in egg and vanilla, whisk well.
- In separate bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry mix to peanut butter mix alternating with milk, starting and ending with flour. Don’t over mix.
- Divide batter into cupcake cups and bake for 12 – 15 minutes until cooked through making sure not to over bake.
- Cool and frost.
To make the frosting:
- Whisk butter and peanut butter until creamy.
- Add in icing sugar and cream until desired consistency is reached.
- Whisk in vanilla to taste.
Is there anything better than peanut butter!? 🙂
Recipe adapted from Coffee and Quinoa and Eat Live Run